Palazzo Grassi

The very ancient Grassi family trace their origins to Bologna, and in 1230 they moved to Chioggia, where they obtained citizenship in 1646. They moved to Venice and Paolo Grassi and his brothers (one of whom, Pietro, was the bishop of Parenzo) rose to the patriciate in 1718, offering 60.000 silver ducats to the Republic for the last war against the Turks. In the middle of the last century Angelo, the son of Paolo, built a magnificent palazzo in “Campo S. Samuele”; on its staircases, according to his children, he inscribed the motto “Concordia Res Parvae Crescunt”. A building of very solid structure, in a classical style. After a careful restoration by Fiat, under the direction of Gae Aulenti and Antonio Foscari, in the last few years it has been home to some important exhibitions.

Error thrown

Call to undefined function mysql_real_escape_string()